How to Setup Yahoo Mail Account Settings for Outlook
This article explains How To Setup Yahoo Mail Account Settings For Outlook? Therefore, Yahoo mail is a useful email service that you can also setup for the Microsoft Outlook desktop app for all versions. After connecting you can check and manage your emails even in offline mode.
Well, many users don’t know the process of configuring the Yahoo account in Outlook 2016. So, if you are also having the same issue, then don’t worry. Follow the simple steps to How to Setup Yahoo Mail Account Settings For Outlook.
Steps to Setup Yahoo Mail Account Settings for Outlook 2016:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account via the help of a web browser.
- Tap on the Gear button and then choose “Account Info”.
- Pick the option “Account Security”.
- Then toggle ON the ‘allow apps use less secure sign-in’ option.
- Now open the Outlook desktop application. Then navigate to the “File” option, then “Info” and then tap on “Add account”.
- Then choose the “Manual setup” radio button, and then tap on “Next”.
- Next, choose the POP/IMAP option and then tap on the “Next” button.
Now setup your account and fill the following Yahoo mail server information:
- Your Name: First and last name
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Yahoo Mail password
- At the bottom right side, hit the “More settings” option
- Now click & open the tab “Outgoing Server”.
- Tick the checkbox “My outgoing server (SMTP) authentication” option and then tap on “OK”.
Then click & open the “Advanced tab”, and check the below given following settings:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Then tap on the “OK” button, then “Next” then “Close” and then “Finish” button.
That’s it all about How To Setup Yahoo Mail Account Settings For Outlook.