If you have a Hotmail account that you no longer want, due to any reason, and you want to know the procedure how to delete Hotmail account? Then you don’t need to worry. The procedure of deleting a Hotmail account is very simple, but before you start you should remember that your email messages, files, and photos you have in OneDrive will be deleted after a 60-day waiting period.
Therefore, to delete your MSN or Hotmail account, you will need to delete your entire Microsoft email account. Thus, follow the below steps to do the same.
Easy Steps to Delete Hotmail Account:
- Go head to the official Microsoft Account Login Page.
- Then you will be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Enter your Email or Phone which linked to your Microsoft account. Click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you will need to enter your account password and then click on the “Sign In” button.
- On the next page, you will be required to verify your identity by getting a verification code at your alternate/secondary email addresses that you had earlier provided.
- Now enter your full secondary email address in the required field, and then click “Send code” to get verification at your email address.
- Enter the code that you have received by email, into the required text field.
- Go to the “Select a reason drop-down list”, you will have to choose the reason why you have preferred to delete your account.
- Now, choose “Mark account for closure” to finish the Delete Hotmail Account procedure.
- After that Microsoft will wait 60 days before permanently deleting your account.
NOTE: – However, in case you switch your mind and desire to recover it. Then you can cancel the deletion procedure prior to the end procedure and you can simply log back into your Hotmail account within 60 days.