How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi
Easy method to connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi
Wireless Canon printers are easy to use and suitable for personal and office use. But the main issue is, as a layman it is a little tricky to set up your favorite Canon printer to its Wi-fi. It is quite common for searching how to connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi? If you also search for the same, then this article will guide you to set up your printer to wi-fi. It is very easy to connect a Canon printer to wi-fi. So, don’t be late to read this article to know how to connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi. But before going through the setup process we must know about the reason why the connection is lost between the printer and wi-fi. Follow the below narrate steps:
- You must check the wi-fi network connection to which your printer was connected before or if possible, try to connect another strong wi-fi.
- Make sure that your printer is powered on.
- You must confirm that your PC and printer are synced with the same wireless network. Check all connections including the printer driver and between the port on the PC.
Setup steps to connect Canon printer to wi-fi:
- Firstly, power on your Canon printer by pressing the power bottom of your Canon printer.
- After switching on the printer, press the setting button.
- After that, click on the arrow button
- Thereafter, go to the device setting option
- Followed by pressing the option ‘ok’
- Now press and hold the Arrow button until you find the option LAN Setting
- After getting the option LAN Setting to click on the option ‘Ok’
- In the LAN Setting option, further, go to Wireless LAN setup and click on the option ‘Ok’
- Now the printer will search for Wi-Fi, select your wi-fi
- And enter the password to connect.
Finally, you can able to connect your Canon printer with wi-fi. But if your printer is taking a long time to search the wi-fi, you need to click on the option ‘Stop. Thereafter, go to Wireless LAN setup, followed by standard setup. After that, search for wi-fi until the printer searches the wi-fi. Hopefully, all the above information will help you to connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi. After going through all the above processes, if anyone fails to connect their Canon printer with wi-fi, then call for technical help.
Tips for Canon Printer Wireless setup for Windows
Currently, Canon is the most popular wireless printer. The printer can print from any corner of the place without wires and cables which makes the printer convenient and easy to use. But sometimes its users fail issues in its wireless setup for windows. If you also search for the same, this article will help you with its wireless setup. Follow the below steps to know detailed information on Canon Printer Wireless setup for Windows:
- Firstly, switch on the Canon printer and click on the ‘Setting’
- Further, go to the ‘device setting’ option and click on ‘ok’
- Afterward, go to ‘LAN setting’ and click on ‘ok’
- Thereafter, you will find LAN setup and further press the bottom ‘ok’
- Now, the printer will search for a wi-fi network.
- After getting the wi-fi network, click on the password
- Enter the password, click on the tab ‘connect’
In an above-discussed way, you can able to set up a Canon Printer Wireless setup for windows. But if you getting issues with searching wi-fi network means taking more time to search wi-fi connection then press the tab ‘Stop’. Rather go to wireless LAN setup and further go to a standard setup. Here click on ‘ok’ and search for wi-fi until finding the same. after getting the wi-fi click on the ‘connect’ tab to set up the wireless setup for windows.
Get Complete information about Canon Wireless Printer Setup For Mac:
If you recently purchased the canon wireless printer then follow the below instructions.
- Open the box and lift the printer out from the box carefully.
- Keep inside the user manual, ink- cartridges, power cords, and other related things.
- Now, take the printer out of the box carefully.
- Plugin your printer to the electric outlet.
- Tap on the power button and select your language & country using the control touch panel.
- Install the ink cartridges into the tank and load papers into the paper tray.
- Finally, go to Canon Wireless Printer Setup for Mac.
Steps for Canon Wireless Printer Setup for Mac.
- To start the setup process, just establish the wireless internet connectivity with the canon printer.
- Then, visit the official canon website using Safari, Mozilla, or Google search engine.
- Enter your ‘Model name & number’ and hit the ‘Search’ button.
- After then, select your model and press the ‘Download’ button.
- If the downloading has been completed then, click on the ‘Run’ button for the installation.
- Choose all the ‘Software & Drivers’ or you can select all the files.
- Enter your wireless ‘WPS’ password for further accessibility.
- Next, add your ‘Location’ and after completing the setup, just tap on the ‘Finish’ button.
What to do if your canon printer is not working properly
If you are facing problem with your Canon printer, then you can easily solve it by following below steps which has helped many Canon printer users. Use the methods listed below until you find the one that works for you.
set canon as default printer
- First of all, you have to open Control Panel on your computer.
- Then you need to click on the option “Devices and Printers”.
- Now you have to make sure that your Canon printer is set as the default printer from the list of all available printers.
- After that if your Canon printer is not turned on as default printer, you have to right-click on the printer named “Canon Printer” and then you have to select “Set as default”.
- And finally after you’ve set it up, you’ll see a green check mark on the Canon printer.
Restart the Print Spooler service
Your Canon printer is not responding because the service is not working properly on your computer. You should try resetting this service to see if this fixes your printer.
Update your printer driver
One of the reasons why your printer may not respond is that you are using the wrong printer driver or it is out of date. So you should try updating your Canon printer driver for once. If you don’t have the time, patience or skill to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver